If you can’t find the answer to your question here then please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Where do I start with my project?

Whether you would like to build your dream home from scratch or give your existing home a makeover of any kind, it can be difficult to know where to start.

Please get in touch, we are here to help.

What kind of projects does HAUS.by.NINA do?

HAUS.by.NINA can provide a wide range of design services and/or drafting services. Our projects vary from basic back decks, additions, internal plan remodelling and alterations,  through to secondary dwellings, 1st-floor extensions, granny flats, dwelling houses and Duplexes. 

We specialise in reinventing living environments and transform spaces through creative use of natural light

What are your Fees? What do you charge?

As each project is different, our fees will reflect the scale, complexity and specific requirements of your project.

We promise that we always aim to meet an acceptable and fair level of fees for our services and your budget!

Let’s meet up to establish the scope of your project and discuss the level of services you require for your project.


Level 1 – Drafting only

Level 2 – Needs & Options Review / Feasibility Report

Level 3 – Design & Drafting

Level 4 – Design & Drafting including a full DA or CDC application drawing set

Level 5 – Detailed Kitchen, Bath and Laundry drawings

Do I need a Development Application (DA) or a Complying Development Certificate (CDC)?

Whether approval is required depends on the type of work proposed.

We can advise if your design will require Council Approval (DA), if a Private Certifiers Approval (CDC) is possible, or if you need no approval at all (interior-only alterations or exempt developments).

We can assist you with preparing the documents as required and can liaise with the Council or PCA on your behalf.

Council reviews a development application (DA) by looking at the effect your proposal will have on the surrounding environment, your neighbours and the local community. They will also assess how your proposal relates to the future plan for the area.  The drawings will describe the bulk and location of the proposed work, the layout, aesthetics, materials, window positions etc. A statement will identify how the proposal aligns with the local Council’s rules, Local Environmental Plan (LEP) & Development Control Plan (DCP).

When a Private Certifier reviews the project for Complying Development Certificate (CDC) they will assess the project against the requirements of the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008  (SEPP).

While the rules of the SEPP might be more restrictive, the approval process can be faster and cheaper than approval through the Council.

What do your drawings look like?

We sometimes hear that Clients are worried that they will not be able to understand what is indicated on drawings.  We also understand that architectural drawings can sometimes be tricky to read.

Our 2D plans are generated using the latest 3D software (Revit) which allows us to also show you 3D views and camera angles of the proposed design, instead of flat drafted plans only.

In addition, REVIT Architecture 3D software provides valuable tools for evaluating sun angles for shadow diagrams (as required for approval drawings) and a wide range of other useful tools to make sure full sets of approval drawing  can be created in the most time effective manner.

Can you recommend other Consultants and Engineers as might be required for our project?

Yes, we have a proven team of consultants, engineers, cost estimators and builders we regularly work with. 

Can you help us to find a Builder?

Yes, we have builders we work with regularly and can assist you with finding the right builder for your project

What is the difference between an Architect, a Building Designer and a Draftsperson?

A Draftsman drafts plans.

A Building Designer designs buildings.

An Architect designs buildings AND needs to be registered with the Architects Institute for their State or Territory, in order to use the protected title ‘ARCHITECT’. 

You will only need to employ a Registered Architect if your project needs to be micro-managed through the construction phase, or if you need to have the words “Architect Designed” when describing your home for sales purposes.

Building Designers offer the same quality service, talent and experience – without the price tag of a Registered Architect.

Nina (HAUS.by.NINA) is currently not registered with the NSW Architects Registration Board.